Think losing weight means giving up fabulous sandwiches? Not so fast! This gourmet blue cheese-ham sandwich with fresh pears on warm toasted multi-grain bread can easily be part of your weight loss menu.
A blue cheese-ham sandwich with fresh pears on warm toasted multi-grain bread sounds like something you would find on a high-end deli menu. But, a gourmet sandwich like this can be a real calorie bomb if you order it from a deli or restaurant. Fortunately, this indulgent sandwich is quick and easy to make at home so it can easily be part of your weight loss menu.
Making your own gourmet sandwiches means you can indulge in a healthier way and not derail your weight loss. Even better, homemade also saves you time and money!
The toasting is optional, so you don’t even need to dirty a pan to enjoy this treat for lunch. However, if you are like me and go a little weak in the knees at the slightest whiff of toasting bread, you’ll definitely want to pop this sandwich in a pan to maximize the indulgence factor.
No more denying yourself one of the great lunchtime pleasures. Pack an amazing blue cheese-ham sandwich with fresh pears in your brown bag and enjoy the heck out of your lunch break. Add a some sparkling water and make it a celebration.
- 2 slices multi-grain light bread
- 2 teaspoons stone ground dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 small pear, thinly sliced
- 2 oz deli honey-ham
- ½ cup mixed baby greens
- Smear one slice of bread with mustard. On the other slice layer the blue cheese, ham, greens and pear. Top with the first slice mustard side down.
- Smear one slice of bread with mustard. On the other slice layer the blue cheese, ham, and pear. Top with the first slice mustard side down.
- Mist a medium skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. When warm, add the sandwich blue cheese side down, then toast until the bread is deep golden (3-5 minutes). Flip and toast until the second side is also golden (3-5 minutes).
- Remove from the pan then add the greens the the middle of the sandwich between the ham and pears.
Healthy Ideas Made Easier
Sign up for my FREE newsletter and get weekly updates with recipes & motivation.