Roasted cauliflower with rosemary and sea salt is a perfectly elegant no-fuss side dish, equally appropriate for a casual weeknight dinner or a fancier affair. Serve comforting roast cauliflower as a lighter alternative to potatoes or other starches.
Roasting enhances cauliflower’s natural flavor turning it slightly sweet with a pleasant nuttiness. Garlic and rosemary are excellent additions to roasted cauliflower. Beyond their tempting aroma, rosemary and garlic compliment cauliflower’s nutty flavor to become a truly comforting savory side dish.
It is worth noting: The best part about roasted cauliflower is all the little crispy bits. Add all the little pieces that accumulate on your cutting board to ensure you have plenty of these tasty morsels to nibble.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (1½-2 pounds)
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces, 1-2 bite sized. Then toss with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Arrange cauliflower florets on a rimmed baking pan large enough for the florets to be uncrowded (use 2 pans if needed).
- Roast 15-20 minutes until a fork slides easily into a thick piece. Stir once during roasting.
Free Nuts & Seeds Guide!
Are you looking for easy ways to create a healthier life for yourself and those you love?
Sign up for my FREE newsletter and get recipes & motivation from me, a weight loss coach & mom who is on the same journey. Let's grow together, one reachable step at a time.
Bonus! You'll get my handy nuts & seeds nutrition guide for healthier snacking.